Art and Design is an extremely important aspect of all our pupils learning experience
Purpose of study
Art, craft and design embody some of the highest forms of human creativity. A high-quality
art and design education should engage, inspire and challenge pupils, equipping them with
the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and
design. As pupils progress, they should be able to think critically and develop a more
rigorous understanding of art and design. They should also know how art and design both
reflect and shape our history, and contribute to the culture, creativity and wealth of our
- The national curriculum for art and design aims to ensure that all pupils:
- produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and
- cultural development of their art forms.
Work produced by Sinai Pupils
What our Pupils Think
To see what some of our Year 6 News Reporters think about the Art and Design Curriculum in Sinai, why don’t you watch their Video News Report on Art.
The Video showcases the incredible range and high standard of the Art work produced by the pupils at Sinai School.